Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Itty Bitty Living Space

Yeah, I just made an Aladdin reference before talking about The Haunted Vagina. Everything about this story was weird and surreal. The first half was probably the most explicit thing I've ever read. At times, I figured that it was purposefully trying to weird or gross me out because it's a bizarro fiction. The entire scene with the skeleton crawling from her vagina had my head cocked and my eyebrow raised. Then I almost wanted to vomit when the main character orgasmed deep in her throat. There are just some things I don't want to read and that's one of them. But it definitely had the effect of the bizarre on me. It was so disgusting but I was so intrigued as to where this skeleton came from and what it meant that I just HAD to continue reading.
The novel took a weird turn after he actually climbed into her vagina which turned out to shrink living things down into a micro-universe. The way he described the world was almost like watching a crappy Sy-Fy Channel movie. All the props seemed fake and cheap. All the characters there were literally bad CGI. He specifically comments on it, saying "She steps back away from me, her footsteps weightless, her shadow looks all wrong. No, she's exactly like a CGI character. She's like Jar Jar Binks." I kept thinking to myself that this would be impossible to portray through film without looking cheap, no matter how exact you get it to the book. It's MEANT to look and feel cheap which is interesting.
Then, out of absolutely no where, the main character tries to explain this world through science and rational thought. He explains how these people evolved to live within the womb of a woman and never die because they feed off of her body and they don't take mush to stay alive.
This story was definitely bizarre and was definitely a page turner. It seemed to tackle multiple genre's at once. From sexual, to fantasy to science fiction, and with a hint of horror with the idea of ghosts and attacking skeletons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home